Friday, October 10, 2008

Bhaskar Naidu

As i was pedalling my way to work. now that i am immune to the staring eyes looking at me and my strida, some of them surprised others finding it just funny. that doesn't concern me any more. as i hit the lonely patch of road taking me towards Qutab Plaza though not so lonely at peak office hours. i could hear a bike (motorbike) approaching me at a very slow pace, i guess the mobike was slowing down very cautiosly as it approached. very much like a stalker. sounds funny now, but it really raised a few questions at that point of time. i could hear the motorbike rolling next to me just a couple of yard behind. surely he must be working hard to keep pace with me. it's not so easy to ride a motorbike at such slow speed as i was riding. finally after a gap of around a half a minute i looked back encouraging him to start riding next to me. finally this man a bit younger than me riding a hero honda broke the ice by saying "hello". well that was it for the next couple of kilometres he kept on riding at the ultra slow pace next to me. asking me all about my bike, the cost, the effort it takes to ride, where i got it from or did i build it myself. normally i prefer my share of peace during my rides. but none the less this guys enquisitiveness i didn't mind. although i guess by now i was more intrigued by motorcyclist trying to keep pace with a biker. after a while he told that he is the tennis coach in DLF Country Club and how happy was he to see someone riding a bike. somewhere being a sportsman for him he could connect to a biker (a biker without a cause). for a while we rode together without further sharing a word. till we came to a point where we had to take different turns. and as he bade goodbye by telling me that he is "bhaskar naidu".

this episode surely made my belief stronger that there are loads of people who look upto bikers, somewhere in their mind they understand the goodness of biking. just that they themself have to choose some other mode of transport. hopefully one day i see Bhaskar Naidu on the road riding his own bike, where i go and bug him with my questions.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Fictitioustruth said...

nice.

you still need to answer how does one ride who is really really really scared of stray dogs.