Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Innovation

few days back i bought myself a new pair of dueter panniers for my foldable dahon. the idea was to shift the weight from my shoulder and back to the bicycle.
on my way to work the heavy backpack (laptop+headphone+some papers+files+lunch) becomes a bit of a discomfort specially in hot days. our city easily hits upto 45-46 degrees Celsius.
the backpack adds upto to some extra sweat dripping off my back.


my simple solution was to shift the weight to my panniers.

on the first day of using my panniers as i was pedaling back home i met another fellow cyclist Mr. Narain (a plumber by profession). like me he was on his way back from work. and it seemed he had similar issues of carrying stuff along with him to work.

but his solution was much simpler and innovative than mine.
he required a space to carry a big bottle (2ltr.) of water + 1 towel (gamcha) + some plumbing tools. this guy used the V-Frame to build a large bag. since it's made of plastic seems water resistant.
here are some pictures of Mr. Narain's storage system.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: